mid horns for Khorns and LaScala, Belle

Phenton

Seems that some have changed their horn and horn driver combo for these. Some have even gone to old Altec Multicells.

Anyone here use a K55m (or V) on the Altec 803 or 805 for the midrange 350Hz up to ~ 5Khz?

Anyone try a GPA390 with the above horns?

Do the above multicells have directional issues (polar plot fingers) in the bandpass ?

I would like to read some feedback on those combo's. Perhaps a description of the difference (pros/cons) with the Multicells vs K400 or other mid horns. They seem to have a following, but I have never heard them.

Phenton

Though it seems you're focused on the multi-cells, if you already have the speakers (Belle's or LaScalas) you might also look into Klipsch's K510 (or if you want to go bezerko the huge K402) and instead of using a midhorn, make the speakers 2-way and drop an entire crossover point. Do a search on 'JubeScala'.

Two friends of mine (both engineers) once said some negative things about multicells to me. That's been 3-4 years ago and I don't remember any specifics to pass on.

hmm... slight correction... one of them might have been talking about 'butt cheek' tweeters. Now I'm confused.