new surround system

eroussel

I would like some experienced advice. Im about too make a purchase but I am new to klipsch and surround systems. The components I was suggested by a salesman was rf-62 fronts, rc-52 center, rpw10 sub, and r-3650c for the rears. Have to do in ceilings because the wife doesn't want speakers hanging from the wall or ceiling. He also suggested yamaha rx-v667 for receiver. I was just wondering if this setup will be ok and if the receiver is enough power. I really dont want to pay much more than this added up to.

Thanks for any comments.

That sounds like a very reasonable set-up. I think you will be pleased. The receiver should work fine unless you are trying to fill a gigantic room with sound. It just doesn't take much to power the Klipsch speakers. You might also consider the Onkyo TX-SR607 or 608. It is a competitor with the Yamaha you're looking at.

Enjoy!

That sounds like a very reasonable set-up. I think you will be pleased. The receiver should work fine unless you are trying to fill a gigantic room with sound. It just doesn't take much to power the Klipsch speakers. You might also consider the Onkyo TX-SR607 or 608. It is a competitor with the Yamaha you're looking at.

I think the Yamaha is fine but I am a little partial to Onkyo. Very reliable, great for HT, and feature packed. One advantage the Yamaha RX-667 does have over the Onkyo TX-SR607/608 is that it has preouts if you want to add an outboard amp later. You must step up to the Onkyo TX-SR707/708 if you want preouts.

Bill