Sub Sig vs. Mark II vs.junior

Danartdis

As the resident sub human sub freak I declare the Carver Knight Shadow the best value if a Bob Carver sub is to be nominated best sub bass for the dollar.

The inexpensive Carver KS has some serious output down low and costs less then the Junior!

I do have them all(YES ALL Bob Carver subs)and I can say with no doubt the Carver KS is THE microsub to beat for the price asked.Face it it costs less then the Velodyne SPL800 and whips the SPL800 like a mule.

The Signature has huge output down to 25Hz,if you can get a deal for say $1500 in the Sig,I would also recomend the Signature.Its a little monster powerhouse in desguise.

The new Sunfire Super Junior is also a incredible sub,for its size the bass it produces is nothing short of amazing.Its way smaller then most PC multimedia bass modules and yet whips much much larger subs in low bass output.

Ah even the Mark II(my first Sunfire sub)is capable of holding its own against much larger subs costing as much!

You cant really go wrong,just ask yourself how much output you will(may)need.The Signature is plenty for even large speakers like the RF-7's,when it starts to fall(not keep up)your ears will ring and Aspirin you will need.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ok TheEAR, let me ask you another way. I currently have 4 Heresys, Academy center and KSW-12 in a room that is 14 feet x 28feet and 9 feet high. I think the KSW-12 strains a little in a room that size at higher volume levels. By the way, I just got the JBL but havent opened the box yet. Its pretty big. If I am not completely blown away by the JBL, I think I will sell it and start saving for something that is powerful but in a reasonably sized box. Mark II or Sub Junior will be enough for a room that size?

Thanks

Dan

"The sunfire junior is so small. I saw one for 650, should I get it?"

Yes if you want a real sybwoofer in a tiny package,its not a HGS18 or SVS SS killa but it does outperform many much larger subs,its clean sub bass and it better then the SPL800 for Velodyne.The Velo SPL800 output near 30Hz and below is rather poor.Any sub should have great output at least down to 30Hz.

Did I say the Sunfire Junior is a very high quality sub that will match with a wide range of speakers.AT $650 is a great deal.

Danartdis,

Wow your room is BIG,no wonder the KSW12 strains.I would get a Sunfire Signature or two.WIth a Signature you beat any Klipsch sub in sub bass output and do so in a tiny package.Or get an SVS Ultra,large but gives HUGE output and quality remains very good.

Keep in mind the Super Junior and Mark II are far above any KSW subwoofer in quality and output down low.

SO any SUnfire will be a bonus,the Signature should be a revelation.

If I had a room this huge I would buy at least 10 heavyweight subs. Smile.gif Or buy one JBL Ti-K master sub with three slave Ti-K subs.

TheEAR(s) Now theears