New to Klipsch

ryrebo

I have just built a 16'x20' cinema room. This is what Im think about buying for the sound. Mostly movies will be watched, but some music will be played. aBOUT 60% movie/TV 40% music. ideas on this set up?

Epson Pro Cinema 9350

RF 82 II FT (2)

RC-62 ii CENTER

RS-41 II Rear

RB- 51 II Middle

Sw110- sub

Onkyo-TX-NR808

Welcome to The Forum!

Your purposed system makes me envious! [:D]

That being said; I believe there are 2 revisions I would make:

The center channel: RC64 will make a nice difference vs the RC62... Since this is where most of your voices and dialogue come from; the center is very important.

The sub: Sw110....

It is only rated down to 28Hz. I would investigate into other brands: Epik; Hsu; Svs; Emotiva; etc.....

I believe Epik would be a great choice...... Similar $..... (Unless you are getting the Sw110 really cheap).

The Emotiva Ultra 12 is on sale right now as well..... (I love mine!!!)

Big Cliff loves his Hsu and Svs are know to be deep and powerful.

Good Luck. Post some pics!!!! We like pics!!! [:D]

Ryrebo,

Nice setup and welcome to the forum.

As Ironsave has noted, there are better subs out there for the $$$ and the RC-64 will make a difference.

RS-41 II Rear

RB- 51 II Middle

Swap those around. By design, the RS-41II's should be used as side surrounds and the RB-51II's should be placed in rear.

Bill

Hey ryrebo

That will be a very nice setup. I would agree with what Bill said about swapping the rb-51 and rs-42. If you are doing that I would probably take it one step further and up the RS-42 to the RS-52. I tested out the RF-82II with the RC-62II and you might want to consider upping the centre from all I have read/been told about the importance of a center, I found that it sounded really good to my ears but watching a full movie with it I may feel different.

That particular Sub I think would be under powered for your set up. I believe klipsch recommends the SW-310 but that will be quite a bit more$$ than the SW-110 in which case you may want to look at other brands. I have read about the Emotiva/SVS/HSU and they are all highly endorsed on most forums.

You are at the right place to ask questions, I am in the midst of putting my system together and have had a lot of questions all which have been answered here.

Good Luck with your set up!

SuBXeRo,

your right about the 64 II 's. After the replyies I decided to call Klipsch and see what they had to say. This is what they said RF 82 II, RC 62 II, RB -61 II middle, RS-52 II rear.

I guess alot of it boils down to taste and different sounds each person has ??

Ryrebo

personal preference certainly palys into it. When klipsch designs speakers, they design them to work together in a certain way so the tonal match between speakers is perfect. When you deal with different size drivers the crossover points on the crossovers will vary since different drivers have different parameters. When this happens, the tonal match changes as in you will hear more frequency ranges in the 82's horns then would in say the 62's horns. The RF-7 II and the RC-64 II have the same high frequency driver so their tonal match will be the same. Some speakers may not be designed to be together but just sound like they should be mated, it can and does happen, but again, it deoends on your taste. Its always recommended you get the biggest speakers u can buy/fit but its also important to try and tonal match