6.1 or 7.1

Inkabodpain

I am in the process of moving . I will have a 12ft x 14ft room, ceiling height about 9ft perfect rectangular shape room.Now the question is the back wall where the rear surrounds would go RS52.The back wall is designed as follows from left corner if facing rear wall 8inches inward door molding . From top of door molding to ceiling you have about 14 inches before you hit the ceiling . You then have about 3ft in between before the next molding starts for the next door same molding height to ceiling as the first door. I have read that RS speakers should lay flat , if I do that will the speakers be to high ? The bottom of the RS52 would be above 82 inches and the top of speaker would be about 4 inches from top of ceiling Is it Ok to angle them some and will it sound good ? Can't really spend the money on brackets .If I am only trying it. Or should I go 6.1 and put one RSs 52directly in the middle of the rear wall at the correct height without having to buy brackets. Please help !

Or should I go 6.1 and put one RSs 52directly in the middle of the rear wall at the correct height without having to buy brackets. Please help !

Bingo. Based on the information you have given, I don't think going 6.1 you will lose out at all. A nice clean look without sacrificing sound quality wins out over a not so ideal mount job with little gain in sound quality.

Bill