Music and Home Theater System

chisoxpurdue

I am wondering what to do with my stereo. I have 2 la scalas as fronts, 2 chorus as rears. I want to know what to do for a center channel and surrounds. The room is 13' X 31'. The stereo is used 80% for music, 20% theater. The room has a pool table at the far end opposite the tv. I am wondering what to use for side surrounds and the center. I was thinking Heresy IIs for the sides. Maybe an Academy or Legend C-7 as a center to give me a 7.1 system. Another option would be two more Heresys as a center and center rear for an 8.1. The subs are not a problem.

• Moderators

If possible, the BEST center would be the same as your front speakers...a single la scala. Heresy's or Heresy II's would make great side surrounds for your setup.

Most say the Academy or C-7 is a compromise and doesn't give you near the sound quality as the La Scala. Do you have the space for a single LaScala as a center?

I cannot do the la scala right now with the current tv. That might change soon anyway. I almost bought a second pair of la scalas for the rear (music really) but that would interfere with playing pool a bit. It is a goo idea i guess. A heresy would not work well as a center either? This system is mostly for music.

If it's mosty for 2-channel music, then a single Heresy will do, of course. But I noticed a huge difference going from a Heresy II center to a La Scala center. The Heresy sounded compressed (less dynamic) in comparison and would draw attention to itself (you'd realise "I'm listening to a loudspeaker"), andside-to-side sound pan weren't as seemless.