Found a pair of Frazier F8 140 WR

pbaird1310

I found a pair of Frazier F8 140 WR here locally (Oklahoma City) that I'm thinking about buying. Very limited budget right now so I can't go crazy. I listened to them yesterday and they sound great...seem to be tight as a drum...will likely end up paring them with a sub but I can do that later. Cosmetically, they are not good. No big dings or chips but tons of scratches and a few small spots where the veneer is gone...screens, logo piece, sticker on back are all in very nice shape. My problem is that the dealer/owner is saying "make me an offer" and I can't find one single set that has sold online. The last thing he said yesterday was "make me an offer...but don't make it too high because it isn't going to take much to own them". I need some advice please. Thanks!

http://flickr.com/gp/58018496@N07/697164

I found a pair of Frazier F8 140 WR here locally (Oklahoma City) that I'm thinking about buying. Very limited budget right now so I can't go crazy. I listened to them yesterday and they sound great...seem to be tight as a drum...will likely end up paring them with a sub but I can do that later. Cosmetically, they are not good. No big dings or chips but tons of scratches and a few small spots where the veneer is gone...screens, logo piece, sticker on back are all in very nice shape. My problem is that the dealer/owner is saying "make me an offer" and I can't find one single set that has sold online. The last thing he said yesterday was "make me an offer...but don't make it too high because it isn't going to take much to own them". I need some advice please. Thanks!

http://flickr.com/gp/58018496@N07/697164

Welcome to the forum.

Did you check the F.U.G. (Frazier user group)thread? Lots of Frazier fans here.....they should be able to help.

Post in the Frazier FUG thread. However, offer him a 100. In making an offer on ANTHING of unknown value the question is:

What would it cost me to get this sound quality in a new speaker?

After that, it's just a question of how much labor it will take to make them look new...if that is an issue for you.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I have a set of Frazier speakers I am trying to figure out what model they are, and when they were produced. 26" h x 14" w x12" d, w/ 12" woofer, 2-4" mids, and a 3x7" Horn. There are adjusters for mid and high on the back, as well as a 1" vent that runs along the bottom of the cabinet. Not alot of info for this company out there, but I really love these beautiful and HEAVY speakers. No matter what, they are staying right here with me. It would be nice to be able to tell people what they are, and what vintage when they complement them. Serial # 56294 & 56295, Sticker on back for Sight and Sound, for reliable service call RI 7-4620. Anyone got the answer?