Looking for fast, tight bass sub (not found in RW-12D)

scottfung

Conclusions

I guess it was worth the wait for an Earthquake SuperNova MK-V, because I loved it. This subwoofer plays loud, deep, and clean. It's reasonably priced if you get the polyurethane finish. You can't ask for anything more than that.

At 25 Hz, THD+N was now down to less than 2.5%, a superb number for such high output.

Conclusions

I guess it was worth the wait for an Earthquake SuperNova MK-V, because I loved it. This subwoofer plays loud, deep, and clean. It's reasonably priced if you get the polyurethane finish. You can't ask for anything more than that.

At 25 Hz, THD+N was now down to less than 2.5%, a superb number for such high output.

One question what is the Frequency resonse at both+/-3db and +/-2db?
Those figures will tell the real story.

Conclusions

One question what is the Frequency resonse at both+/-3db and +/-2db?
Those figures will tell the real story.

djnick from the looks of this thread it looks like you started the post to sell your product what says you?

On the Bench

THD measurements were made with our calibrated microphone placed 15" from the active driver.

I was able to achieve a maximum SPL of 120 dB at 1 meter, using a combination of 20 Hz, 31.5 Hz, and 50 Hz sine waves.

At 15 Hz, THD+N was almost 20%. Part of the reason for this, is that the passive radiator is doing most of the work below 20 Hz. The active driver has an Fs (free air resonance) of 26 Hz.

dknick,

Thank you for all your replies. I am not interested in the Supernova.

1. My budget is around $500.

2. I don't want a form surround in the woofer. I had a JL W3 (car audio sub) which foam surround disintegrated after a few years.

I will probably start a different thread as this message has been somewhat hijacked....

dontthey all use foam surround ? rw12 on mine is stiff kinda foam long as uuse sub keep it clean wont fall apart

jw3 jl audio aint shit to earthquake this aint ther car sub in home sub erther one that foam dont fall aprt man even on higher end klpshe its same bigger style foam sourond all hi end doesnt rot out liek shit jl audio 5 yrs looks like new to me still long as u take care of it use it ever day lik ei do it nevr fall part like shit jl audio junk is o kcar shit anyways best for car is alpine swr new line subs 23 hertz i know subs all use foam for 500

tread not been hi jacked told ya what u needed u want sumting that better then rw12 500 good luck

only thing better is upgrade to what i showed ya if u want nice quilty musical punch ok

but if u wann compare pos jl audio to this sub then just forget it man your on way differnt level

my littie brother ha dthose jl aduiso garbage his foam fell off to buy kit on ebay easy fix butthey sound like crap

no muscial punch at all to it db bang in face bs thats not what i like or

earthquake aint nothing like that china junk this made in usa

if u want cheap sub under 500 differntthen rw12d wich max volz should be -14 anyways proably run way above taht

dont ya -3 i bet way to hi on rw12d half way is -14 do math anyways mtx1515 400 bucks to 500

try that

Scott,

Check out a Velodyne MiniVee 8 or MiniVee 10. Both are 1000w continuous and 2000w peak. The 8 plays down to 28hz and the 10 plays down to 24hz. They are great for HT and are tight and quick for music - not muddy. I auditioned both and went with the 8 due to size and palcement. It's amazing for small footprint and price, with excellent build quality.