Crossover design

shepjk01

Well I have been gone a little while and I'm finally getting back to finishing my cornscala dbb project that uses two eminence kappalite 3015lf woofers. I was going to go 3 way active, but the location of my equipment makes it impossible (Had to hide from 1 &2 year old). Something like an alk universal for the dbb but using two eminence kappalites instead. Eminence has a design on there website using 2 of the kappalites along with all the parameters.

http://www.eminence.com/pdf/Kappalite_3015LF_cab.pdf

Any help in the endevor would be greatly appreciated

I think I read somewhere that there is a dip in the bass response on the single-woofer design. Running two woofers in parallel should get the bass response back up to near a flat level, with I'm guessing about a 3 DB boost using 2-vs-1 woofers. First thing I would do would be to build them and fire 'em up and see what they sound like, THEN modify if necessary. That way you will not lose your momentum and have the project stall out. If you want to test the concept first, Eminence sells a 500/3500 passive 3-way XO. I got a pair of them for my CornScalas, tried them, liked them, and kept them. I know those XO's are not ideal, but I do have a clear path for later progressions. Think I'm going to hold out for digital active and not fool with any more passive filter networks. As to accessibility, why not get the crossover you want and put it into a locked plexiglass box to keep little fingers out of it ??