If I have 5-1/4" front & center drivers; Then which Sub 10" or 12" driver ?

cricket_phx

I have RF 52, RC 51 has 5-1/4 " driver. I want to know which Sub driver would be suitable ? 10" or 12".

Is 12" always better than 10" ? OR driver size of front & center matters to get overall effect ?

If I go for 12" sub would I lose any mid bass as my front /center drivers are 5-1/4 " .

I was thinking that if I had front of say 8"driver then better to go for 12" sub but as I have 5-1/4"drivers then 10" sub be more effective ? Or this does not matter and I would get very good overall effect with 5-1/4" front & center with 12" sub ? i.e. 12" covers everything for 10" and even more LF.

Also would it be good to have 2 Subs ? May be one 8" and other 12" ? I have yamaha 7.2 RX 667 receiver without amp. and not planning to get amp immediately.

Thinking about Polk PSW505 or Klipsch RD-12 for 12" when they come on sale on newegg. Appreciate your responses. Thanks a lot in advance

Driver size of a sub is somewhat important, but more important is placing the sub in the correct place in your room, level matching it with your other speakers and getting a sub that does what its supposed to do.

If you do get two subs get two of the exact same ones. Its hard enough to balance one sub in a room, let alone two completely different ones.