HDMI Handshake no longer working

Youthman

• Moderators

I brought a Sony projector home last night to test it. I unhooked the HDMI on the back of my projector, hooked it into the Sony, turned on my gear with the Harmony One. I was holding the projector above my head, with it upside down, remote in one hand, trying not to drop it (you get the picture). I didn't get a signal after switching to the HDMI input so I powered everything down, figured I would wait until today so I could put the projector on a ladder instead of trying to hold it and work on it at the same time.

I plugged the HDMI back into my projector, powered everything up and the Panny does not show the PS3.

Every once in awhile, the HDMI didn't handshake well and after a few reboots of the PS3 and Projector, the PS3 would pop up a dialog box that wanted me to confirm the input as HDMI (I think that's what it was asking if I remember correctly).

I wanted to see if it was a PS3 issue so I switched input on the Yamaha to the Wii. You can hear the Wii, but no picture. Same with the PS3

I've checked the input on the projector and it is correct.
I tried moving the HDMI cable to a different input on the projector and switching the input on the projector but that did not work.

Nothing has changed.

Any suggestions on what I can try?

Since you already tried the wii i dont think this will help. But if you start the ps3 and keep holding down the power button until it beeps it should revert to recognizing and handshaking with your projector's abilities. Other than that resetting your receiver? Factory reset on your projector. Sorry i dont know what to tell you.

• Moderators

But if you start the ps3 and keep holding down the power button until it beeps it should revert to recognizing and handshaking with your projector's abilities.

I had to do that when I first got the PS3. Took forever to figure that one out. LOL

I did just get it to work. Not sure what "fixed" it. I had even tried doing the Auto Calibration, to make sure the PS3 inputs were assigned to the correct HDMI input.

Go figure. Just glad it's back on.

I think I will use my wife's laptop to test the Sony projector tonight. LOL