Onkyo tx-nr708 wireless capable?

endover

I'm looking at replacing/upgrading my 8 year old HK7200 A/V receiver to a newer HDMI model and the Onkyo tx-nr708 has really caught my eye. I told the wifey that I'd keep it to the $500 price range and this one is really close (and may drop to that price soon). What I can't tell from the specs is whether or not I can stream radio or web content (i.e. Pandora) wirelessly to the 708 or if I have to now run ethernet cable down my walls which would be a real bummer. I am soooo over running anymore wires down my walls! Anyone have any input? ..and will this thing sound good with my Chorus II's for home theater?

Are there any devices to attach to it to make it wireless? Otherwise, I'll consider either doing without the wireless radio or wait 'till next year when the next better model becomes available at the $500 price range. It's not that the wireless is a make or break deal because 90% of the time, the receiver will be doing Home Theatre stuff. I'm looking for general input here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Forthcoming TX-NR709 will have wireless network connectivity via the front USB port and a new Onkyo nano transceiver, UWF-1 ($40).

http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/product_info/pdf/uwf-1_leaflet.pdf No - it won't work on older genrations with a USB port.

Other than that, the TX-NR709 will feature larger front panel source selection buttons as will the entire 2011 line.

A cat 5 connector in back is still part of the standard back panel layout. I had read in the Onkyo 708 manual that streaming Pandora and Vtuner wirelessly via a net adapter wasn't fast enough which didn't make sense to me at the time.

• 7 months later...

Hello Tyson 68: I own a 708 receiver and phone calls to Onkyo told me this has to be hard wired. But I kept thinking about it, and thought why would that be? I have a wireless home network and would like to add the 708 to it to get internet radio. I realize this post is getting old now, but can only hope you still check on it because I really need the help.

Did that wireless adapter on Amazon continue to work out well for you? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

raverell