Solar e-Klipsch?

Hello, I'm thinking about a significant (to me) upgrade in my home audio equipment life. I have an enormous collection of albums, old tapes, most of the tapes are shows I taped... and of course a massive CD collection. But I am also seriously considering building a solar powered home in a couple of years and want to be prepared with what I buy now... to be solar ready in the years ahead.

I listen to music many, many hours every day. It's difficult to imagine a cd/dvd player beyond what's in my laptop being more energy efficient. So that's probably covered... and I would just have to pick and chose sunny times for playing records or tapes.

I currently own Heresys.. what model I don't know (1985)... and would like to go back to a La Scalla high-life as soon as possible. I want to remain a two channel player.

The main questions I have at this time are related to power consumption of an amp/pre amp system which would still run a large efficient set of Klipsch La Scalla (maybe, just maybe Klipsch Horns.

Am I going to have to give up on the idea of tubes for solid state for energy purposes... even if I consider a medium sized tube amp from decware? http://www.decware.com/newsite/tubes.html

Any other thoughts or considerations along my line of solar audio curiosity would be appreciated.. contemplated.

I don't have a clue but these posts may help you and maybe you can get hold of these folks to ask a few questions.

KauaiBass

"Solar-Powered Beach Dance Party on Kauai using KLIPSCH LSIs"

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/135020/1368016.aspx#1368016

G.Kennedy

"I got my Lascalas ... promptly took them to the desert to test them."

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/95616.aspx?PageIndex=1

200433494-M.jpg

Hmm, interesting question. Even a small Decware will pull some juice, being class A and inefficient, but I imagine you won't do much better power-consumption wise going the tube amp route. Decware amps sound excellent, if you haven't heard them. Very low powered, but highly seductive personalities, classic SET imaging/transparency.

If you're using your solar to charge batteries, you could keep the amp build simple (no need for rectification if you're on DC power). The battery powered SETs I've heard sounded great. Of course they drained the batteries in just a few hours. I'm sure something like one of those Virtue chip amps could have run for a week on a similar charge, while producing much more output than a flea SET.

Fantastic shot... and a great idea for La Scalas. WIsh I had digi photos of all the places I've set up La Scallas over the years.

Thanks for all suggestions.. I know a home would have a number of large batteries, but I don't yet know how many or what limitations i would have. Will ask a few friends who are comfortably off the grid, but not w/ home stereo how much juice I should be able to allot for this.