Paradigm Sub 12

shake777

Please help with my continuing subwoofer dilemma. What can be said about the above. Your comments are greatly appreciated. By the way my current subs are two RT12d. I would probably buy two sub 12 to replace. My take on it after extensive listening is that its a very musical powerful sub. Thanks again. Nic

• 2 weeks later...

Nic,

You are quite right about the Paradigm Sub 12 vs the Klipsch Rt-12d. Paradigm is and always has been a "music first " company, their subs which are excellent for home theater,also do music with incredible aplomb. As much as I respect Klipsch as an excellent speaker brand, their subs are much better suited to home theater due to their extreme efficiency and extended low frequency capabilities. Use them together, use the Paradigm to cover the upper bass, and cross the Klipsch over at a lower frequency,so as to deter any possibility of phase issues.A little patience and tweaking goes a long way. You have a nice system as I see it. Just have a little patience with it and spend a little time integrating things better. You will not regret it.

Also ,if your Avatar is any indication of how your room looks,consider putting a little time in to properly finishing your room. Think about finishing it and possibly integrating acoustical treatments. Make your room work for you, instead of against you.