Can in ear damage your ear drums

RolandT

It is physically possible, but not very likely.

33d2eef0-d665-4f34-a9c0-626fe960c94.jpg?

Always be careful when inserting anything into the ear. But with good sense and caution, you should be fine.

One is more likely to do damage with the VOLUME control, so if you are using a device like an Ipod, set the volume limiter, to avoid accidental damage to your eardrums.

I hope that helps,

Dennie

Ditto on what Dennie wrote BUT, I once had a large ear wax obstruction that was almost the size of a pencil eraser, so basically, it was in my ear, and when I inserted ear plugs in my ear, the ear plugs was pushing the wax ball deeper. the cause of the wax ball was the instert type ear plugs which I wore every day for 10 years. so if you sense pain when you put insert type plugs in your ear get it check out.

Thanks all. Most of the time you can read about too high volume damaging the ear. I started to wonder about physically damaging your ear drums because you need to insert these in-ears in your ear to "get a good seal". If I do not insert my S4s the sound is rubbish, it is only when you get the good seal (and push the S4s deeper in your ear) that the sound is great. That's why I started to wonder can you push "too far"...