Yamaha HTR 6295B $670 advice?

randydb

Hi,

Local FS has HTR 6295 on sale for $670 total including tax. Sales guy tells me it went for $1299+tax a bit over a year ago. Claims it is a great amp and is able to name all sorts of stuff about it that I just don't understand.

Some things I do get. Like enough power to drive my klf-20s, center and s2 surrounds. I know the S2s don't match but they were a very good deal.

7.1 suround

3 zones

it has much more options than I need at the moment, but I also want to know if this is is a good deal and something I should get. This set up is going downstairs for the kids as I already have the same setup upstairs for me with a Denon avr2400 amp.

So is 670 for the yamaha amp good? Should I get this or is there something comparable around here second hand for a better price? Personally, I would like to spend less if I could, but I figure if this is a pretty good deal and I should move the Denon amp downstairs for the kids and keep the yammy for me I would like to know this.

Randy

The USA equivalent is the RXV2065.

Basically what I want is an amp that can drive my klf-20s, has a usb input for everyone in the family's ipod, sounds good, and will do hdmi some day when I move up to it.

Can I get something decent in the $400 range second hand? I am beginning to understand speakers, but man there are a million options with amps.

Randy

Very nice unit. It would absolutely drive your 20's. The 130 watts/7 channels is probably a little inflated, but that is expected.

Many Forum members swear by their Yammy gear. You could do a lot worse.

Also, $670 is a great price for it new. A grand is the going rate for NIB. Even as a demo unit, $670 is a pretty darn good price.

The unit also has pre-outs which give the option of adding an amp down the line. Let us know what you decide!

Jrod