How hot is too hot??

Well I have had my Klipsch 4.1's since Christmas, so a few months now. And I been knoticing my sub to be getting some what hot. I don't play alot of bass (punk) and it is in a well ventilated area. There have been no distortions I am just curious. Thanks for the help.

......Under_Score

woohoo, fellow punk fan - speaking of which, punk music does actually put out a respectible amount of bass. Right now I'm listening to the new Goldfinger cd that comes out soon and the bass guitar is hitting pretty loud and is constantly being worked. The sub, i believe (could be wrong), is crossed over pretty high so it blends the mids better with the sattelites. But it should get somewhat hot, but if it gets too hot to touch, it might be worth getting it looked at. dont forget that amp also powers the sattelites, its not just controlling the sub.

My sub became warmer and warmer sometime ago. At some point they became too hot to touch.

My local dealer replaced them with a new one. Since then, I made sure that I got a little fan blowing at the metal plate behind the sub to make that it would not get too hot. Since then, I'm happily listening to it, looking forward to it at the end of everyday day.

Its too hot when the amp plate is so hot you cant keep your hand on it.No jokes

I had a ProMedia 2.1 and even when idle the amp plate was boiling hot!Worked fine(changed it before real problems started showing).

If you can keep your hand on the backplate its within normal operation range.When your hand becomes Kentucky fried pigeon then its time to change the unit or have it fixed.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

If you can keep your hand on the backplate its within normal operation range.When your hand becomes Kentucky fried pigeon then its time to change the unit or have it fixed.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

How about having the hand fixed? Your head even? Smile.gif

-Hardy