if so good why all the fuss

leftwinger57

HI GUYS,

Back again with a real yerning to own a pair of fortesII or Heresys or the heritage brand. As you may or may not know I own a simple in the box set of Klipsch 500wpwrd sub and took them over any other brand I could offord at the time.I don't know of any place where I could do a listening session to determine which model I would prefer so the archive spec comparison pages are the only thing that I go by If these speakers are so damn good to begin with why do I here about Bob Crites and magical crossovers.If it's like doing a resto on a 67 vette then I see it . When do you know to do this upgrade and side by side is it that better.

2-ch---Adcom gfa555 200wpc----Infinty SM112s-----Denon1940ci-cdp-----Onkyo-P-301 pre Shure pro headphones

H/T------Tosiba au37-----Yamaha rx-v665 avr---Denon 1940ci-cdp----Klipsch 500set w/8inpwrd sub---YamahaYSD-11 dock ---for both systems

I just want to learn. It is a great brand.......LW

A lot of the replacement crossovers are for the older speakers that have degenerated capacitors. The Crites, ALK, and Dean crossovers and drivers have the latest super magnificent materials and components. My feeble ears (29 HZ to 10KHZ) probably would not notice anything different but they did after replacement of mine as the capacitors were toast. The Crites Tweeters also reach out to 22KHZ whereas the Klipsch hang out at 16KHZ.

JJK