cornscala

Lasset

Lasset, welcome to the forum!

I don't know your answer but your question does make me smile a little. This is primarily because of the AK forum where I think I've seen more of this.

My understanding is the Cornscala is the 'best of both' coming from the bottom half of the Cornwall and the top half of the LaScala, hence its name. Throwing the Altec might make it sound superb (for all I know) but to me, is sort of like going to McDonalds to get an Egg McMuffin but... instead of bacon/egg on a muffin, I want it on a biscuit AND instead of egg, I want guacomole and instead of bacon, I want spam and instead of cheese, I want peanut butter.... and still call it a McMuffin.

[:D]

Lasset, welcome to the forum!

I don't know your answer but your question does make me smile a little. This is primarily because of the AK forum where I think I've seen more of this.

My understanding is the Cornscala is the 'best of both' coming from the bottom half of the Cornwall and the top half of the LaScala, hence its name. Throwing the Altec might make it sound superb (for all I know) but to me, is sort of like going to McDonalds to get an Egg McMuffin but... instead of bacon/egg on a muffin, I want it on a biscuit AND instead of egg, I want guacomole and instead of bacon, I want spam and instead of cheese, I want peanut butter.... and still call it a McMuffin.

Big Smile

True, the original Cornscala was a Cornwall with a K-400. Since the introduction of the original Cornscala / Crites test box, there have been so many revisions ie, Cornscala II Conrscala III Cornscala DBB etc, that the new meaing of Cornscala is literally" Cornwall with a big midhorn".....................................................I am sure the Altec will make a fine horn for Cornscala XIII.

Craig