7.2 System with Sunfire TGA-7401 7-Channel 400W/ch Amplifier With Jolida Tube Amp & Pro-Ject Turntable

petemeat

Hi All,

Ok weird question here, I have a 7.2 system currently and I'm moving my front RF-63's to Rears to make room for my new RF-83s. Now I have the entire system except the subs powered by the Sunfire TGA7401. I am in the market for analog 2 channel audio also and thought I'd put some money down for one of Jolida's tube amplifiers. Now my question is, can I have my home theatre wired in and have the rear RF63s somehow ALSO wired in to my tube amplifier which is hooked up to a turntable? I know of the bi-amping capabilities of these speakers, just wondering if this will be OK since the Jolida tube amp will be connected to the secondary port or whatever you want to call it. Basically, can harmony exist between Home Theatre & 2 Channel Audio?

Cheers

That is an interesting question. Sorry i cannot give you exact details except to say that i do not recommend it. Having dead cord attached to the binding posts and then the chance that you could accidentally have two seperate sets of amplification running through your speaker (could easily ruin the speakers) are two reasons i can think of not to do it. A speaker switch may be actually make this work though...

Ok weird question here

No weird questions on this forum.

Take a look at this thread and link to a solution.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=25538

I have seen many threads where the same question has been asked and many of the responses point to this Niles amp switcher.

http://www.nilesaudio.com/images/PDF/SPK-1_Cutsheet.pdf

Bill