Current reference series match for rsx-4 speakers?

jsarich

I have a 7.1 surround system made up of rsx-4 left/right/ surrounds and rcx-4 center. I am moving to a home that has a huge (close to 1000 sq ft) room, and am thinking these speakers are just not going to fill the room.

I am thinking that I should replace the front 3 and am hoping that I can reuse the rsx-4's as surrounds, but don't know if the current lineup will match. Can you help me in identifying speakers that match the rsx-4 surrounds?

Currently looking at rb-81 left and right, and rc-62 center. Will those match?

Thanks for your help!

I think the RSX-4's make great surround speakers and will match up fine with your RB-81/RC-62 combo. Before I got my RS-35's, I had a pair of RSX-4's as surrounds with my RF-63/RC-64 combo in a 16 X 30 family room/kitchen. Worked just fine for my room. Of course the RS-35's brought a fuller sound to the table. Your room is huge so it might be a little different. Give it a try and go from there.

Bill

What prompted you to swap the rsx-4 speakers?

I moved them to my bedroom to have a matching RVX-42 system. Also I wanted surrounds with 6.5 inch drivers like my RF-63's and RC-64 so I bought the RS-35's.

Next, do you have high ceilings? If so, where did you mount your surrounds on the wall? High/low?

Yes I have a tray ceiling that steps from 10 feet to 12 feet.

I mounted my surrounds where the tweeters are 77 inches from floor.

Here is a photo of my family room. Notice the RS-35 on the shelf at the right of the picture.

Bill

post-26822-1381963767833_thumb.jpg