1957 klipschorns

I have a chance to purchase some 57 khorns. One is all orginal with wooden horn with university driver. The other has been rebuilt non the top part with 1/2" plywood instead of 3/4"plywwod making it about two inches shorter plus has some generic horn and no crossover it has huge capicator. Was wondering if I could take the good wooden horn and driver out and sell it and replace with upgraded horns and driver and some B.C.crossovers? Is there even a market for the old horn? all info will be greatly helpfull. the cabinets are pretty rough but I have acess to a wood mill with all the toys so that will be simple..Just want this to be cost effective and not dump 3k into the project!!!!! THANX

I can offer to you a direct trade for the wooden horns and 4401 tweeter and give you a k-400 and k-77. I just got done installing the old parts into some cabs as a conversation peice. I upgraded the 500_5000 xovers and the owner (my brother lou) loves the sound. I have plent of k-400's and k-77 so might be able to get you going in the right direction. I am looking for the 500_5000 xovers to rewind the spools and do some tweaking to some old crossovers. PM/Email me if you are interested in discussing furthur. btw, everything you see in the photos where given to my bother as a gift, didn't make a nickel off it. check out this link.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/146105/1498331.aspx#1498331

"The other has been rebuilt non the top part with 1/2" plywood instead of 3/4"plywwod making it about two inches shorter plus has some generic horn and no crossover it has huge capicator."

It's impossible to give a concise and/or useful response without more information. Such as, what would you pay?|

Also, it's not clear what was done to "the other." The value of the "original" one is probably greater if left original. What woofers do they have? There's a market for the composite horn, and original drivers, but I'd rather see the one that's still whole, stay that way.

The one that is orginal has a stevens woofer .. it is all orginal ibought them for 250 tonite because the other has a university horn no tweeter and a great find as a woofer a jensen auditorium 15" $$$$ yea me. im going to sell all of the components in both speakers and rebuild them to todays specs talked to bob crites at length today id rather have the sound than the nostalgia... im running lascallas cornwalls herseys with mac tube amps and alot of goodies alwaz wanted khorns though. I mite be CRAZY for stripping them well one for sure