Sound setup for my shop - need help

...Just curious, mustang guy, is your shop a shop in the sense of a workshop, or a shop in the sense of a store? I

It is part auto shop, part muscle car museum, but mostly man-cave. Here are some photos that show it some...

Here is a picture looking down from the mezanine...

IMG_1826.jpg

Shows the ceiling and you can see the mezanine just in front of the car. Dance floor up there. I use for storage for now.

IMG_1799.jpg

Here is the LF speaker

IMG_0426.jpg

Finally the back of the shop... IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Picture is worth a thousand words...

Wow. Neat!

BTW, your shop looks like it would be very "live" acoustically. This might sound good, if there is a rich reverberant tail that you like. If you don't happen to like it, you could spread some Sonex around on 30-40% of the area of the distant walls and ceiling. If you have a few (5, 6, 7) stationary seats or a couch or two for your guests, the Audyssey in the Marantz AV7005 (or in some other pre/pro) might be quite helpful in dealing with time domain issues in a room like yours, at the same time it improves the EQ. I believe it does this by emphasizing the first sound to arrive in each chair (i.e., the sound directly from each individual speaker, all of which are automatically assessed and adjusted separately), and causing the reflected sounds to be relatively weaker. I think I heard that the Marantz allows you to instantly compare (switch between) Audyssey, Audyssey Flat, no compensation, and manual EQ, to see which you really like. The Audyssey company guy I talked to online cautioned that manual EQ does nothing for you in the time domain, and you can't just copy the slider setting you see on the screen (the EQ settings Audyssey has determined), because the manual EQ leaves out the time domain stuff, and, therefore, the EQ settings may not be correct without the time factors. Using the manual virtual sliders (only one per octave from 63 Hx up) by ear or with Room EQ Wizard (free online) may be better than no EQ at all, but does not utilize the many, many points in the frequency spectrum that either the Audyssey or the Audyssey Flat options use. Audyssey is apparently very proud of their product, and one of the reviews of the Marantz AV 7005 said that it clearly improved the sound. There are some pre/pros (probably more expensive than the Marantz AV 7005) that use even more points on the frequency spectrum to assess your speaker/room sound.

sad face :( I am clear down in WV. I have 7 motorcycles. wife says no more.

Anybody interested in an 08 Husky TE510? Not sure what it is worth, but it is a cream puff.... I think it is has 60hp at the rear wheel. Not too shabby for a dirt bike.. If I weren't pushin 50 I might wanna keep her...