iPad, Pandora, Apple TV, & AirPlay = awesome

Guest davidness

Based off of you sharing your experience/setup I am now enjoying my system more than ever. I just had to add the apple tv along with a free remote app and I was in business. What an enjoyable setup!! Highly recommended.

Awesome! I think the next level is replacing the Cable / Satellite Box with the Apple TV. Pandora, Last.FM, Netflix, TimeWarner App, iTunes video rentals, and MLB.TV are making this 70% Solution. Still need local news and all sports games. Sportscenter needs to stream to Apple TV too. I also recommend using a wired connection for the AppleTV just a bit better than wifi. and for those die hards set up a massive Network attached storage (NAS) or USB Connected Hard Drive to your Mac/PC, use Handbrake (Free Software) to RIP all *your* Movies into the Airstream/Airplay profile and RIP all *your* music CDs in Apple Lossless. It's hundreds of man/person hours of work, but you will have a well integrated video on demand service anywhere in your installation/home.Bill

I think the next level is replacing the Cable / Satellite Box with the Apple TV. Pandora, Last.FM, Netflix, TimeWarner App, iTunes video rentals, and MLB.TV are making this 70% Solution. Still need local news and all sports games. Sportscenter needs to stream to Apple TV too.

Roof antenna and just get that over the air. Even though I have DirecTV, I never bothered with getting the local channels or any of the sports packages as I am able to get everything I am interested in just fine (and in full HD) with my TV antenna up on the roof.

• 6 months later...

Well now, I have to ask...

Isn't Pandora still playing pretty much all LIVE music recordings? I had tried Pandora on my phone awhile back and despite picking out non-live music, Pandora kept feeding me live recordings 80-90% of the time.

Or did they fix Pandora so that live only comes up occasionally?

Guest davidness

Isn't Pandora still playing pretty much all LIVE music recordings?

That is not my experience. There are live recordings as well as studio recordings, but I suspect it has more to do with a particular artist available recordings than to Pandora's preference toward Live recordings. I haven't really paid much attention, and will in the future, but my off-hand guess is that 10-20% are live recordings, which I would guess is about the average artist's recording mix of live vs. studio.