Buds getting stuck in my ear!

imacken

This may sound stupid, but, recently the buds in my S4is are getting left in my ear when I try to remove the phones! I then have to ask my wife to get her tweezers out and remove the buds!!

Is this a sign of needing to replace the buds, or something else? (Polite replies only, thanks!!!)

• Moderators

Don't mind Boxx...

This should not happen if the ear buds are on firmly. There is a locking mechanism with a lip and groove design so the ear buds stay on the headphone body. If they are on as far as they will go, can you tell by looking at the buds if the lip is worn down so it's too smooth, perhaps?

This may sound stupid, but, recently the buds in my S4is are getting left in my ear when I try to remove the phones! I then have to ask my wife to get her tweezers out and remove the buds!!

Is this a sign of needing to replace the buds, or something else? (Polite replies only, thanks!!!)

oh... polite replies only. Never mind...

Just kidding. I've used Custom 2 and Image X10 for over 3 years now and have only gotten 1 ear gel stuck in my ear. And that was auditioning the X10 and the X5 with my daughter. Got one in there reallyl deep in the left ear I think. Thankfully an expert at retrieving the ear gel using a really long skinny set of pliers. You've probably not got them locked on all the way. They stay on really well if the gel is pushed so that it locks on the locking ring. You've probably just got it a bit loose. You do have to push a bit to get them firmly attached.

Thanks Amy. The buds are secured properly, and the lip isn't worn. Don't know why it's happening then. Maybe I'm putting them in too far.

Maybe it's my ears! Perhaps I'll take them back and get a new pair - the ears that is!

• 5 months later...

Haha I can't believe it, but this happened to me today too. I was sitting at my computer when I took my S4i's out, and I thought 'hmmm, feels like maybe the plastic tip is still in my ear' - I don't know why but I touched the underside of my ear attempting to squeeze it out, of course it squeezed it in, and too deep to get out at all. A slightly embarrassing trip to the Dr a couple of hours later (he assured me he'd pulled much stranger things out of ears - a clove of garlic, coffee beans and a moth were some of his examples) and it was back out. Too bad they sound so good, took me all of 30 seconds outside of the building before I was listening to some tunes on them again =) Here's hoping NOT to have a repeat of the situation!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, bought some X10's this year and they have worked perfectly up until now.

This week, the R earbud (double flange) got stuck in my ear on my way home from work... The next day, the same thing happened on my way to work and on the way back. The next day BOTH got stuck on the way to work and cannot have that happen again. Felt like a total fool for an hour in work until I was able to pull them out.

I have worn these almost every day over about 6 months and have changed nothing. Are the earbud's at fault? I hope to actual ear piece isn't.

John