Faint Static Sound?

JAG02

Hey All,

I just purchased my first Klipsch Speakers!!! They are KLF-20's and sound amazing - the only bad part is that I cant crank it up too much, or the walls start shaking and I'm sure my neighbor upstairs wouldn't apprecaite it.

I have set it up in a pretty interesting way. I have it connected to an old Radio Shack amp (http://cgi.ebay.com/RADIO-SHACK-MPA-250-POWER-AMP-L-K-/110667280656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c448b110 - its ebay, but its the only info i could find on it). And I realized that if I want to be able to control the bass, I can connect it to my old DJ mixer (http://www.thepawnshopper.com/Consumer/Detail.aspx?itemid=935) and tweak it that way. This will have to do until I scrape up some $$$ for a decent receiver :)

Anyway, I would like to ask whether you all know of a reason why my speakers have this slight staic sound to them. It only happens when music is being played (ie, there is a pause within a song), but there is absolute silence when the track is changing. Could it be my speakers?

I also noticed that I cant have the spekers close to my TV, or else I get those magnet stains - I thought Klipsch speakers were magnetically shielded to prevent this?

Thanks for the help!

Hey All,

I just purchased my first Klipsch Speakers!!! They are KLF-20's and sound amazing - the only bad part is that I cant crank it up too much, or the walls start shaking and I'm sure my neighbor upstairs wouldn't apprecaite it.

I have set it up in a pretty interesting way. I have it connected to an old Radio Shack amp (http://cgi.ebay.com/RADIO-SHACK-MPA-250-POWER-AMP-L-K-/110667280656?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c448b110 - its ebay, but its the only info i could find on it). And I realized that if I want to be able to control the bass, I can connect it to my old DJ mixer (http://www.thepawnshopper.com/Consumer/Detail.aspx?itemid=935) and tweak it that way. This will have to do until I scrape up some $$$ for a decent receiver :)

Anyway, I would like to ask whether you all know of a reason why my speakers have this slight staic sound to them. It only happens when music is being played (ie, there is a pause within a song), but there is absolute silence when the track is changing. Could it be my speakers?

I also noticed that I cant have the spekers close to my TV, or else I get those magnet stains - I thought Klipsch speakers were magnetically shielded to prevent this?

Thanks for the help!

What about when you change the source, like listening to TV or a DVD?

It still has that noise regardless of whether i'm listening to my Ipod, TV, DVD, etc... I think its weird since it'll only be when there is audio playing and its a pause... It feels like it could be unnoticable to most people, but I can hear it and its driving me crazy!

not all klipsch speakers are magetically shielded, especially older models. Most if not all of the new stuff is generally shielded. Kind of odd since magnets dont interfere with LCD or Plasma tv's....go figure.

All klipsch speakers i have owned have had a very very faint (almost inaudible) static noise noise coming from the horn. It could be different things. If your RCA cables arent shielded you could be inducing EM interference from the room into the signal. It also depends on the amp and components feeding it a signal. I have a ground loop in my system and have a constant hum in all of my speakers, most of it isnt very audible, one channel is particularly noisy.