DAC in TV

I need help understanding whether I should stay with HDMI from puter to Samsung TV HDMI , then RCA out to Analog Denon amp, or to go to a seperate DAC for better sound. I'm using Itunes on puter and music is all lossless. I,m using decent connects from TV to Amp. Will I gain much by going that way or just focus on what I have and tighten them up.

I don't personally have any experience with an external DAC but I know that Emotiva makes one that has been well-regarded. Cambridge Audio also makes one called a DACMagic. They pop up now and then for sale on audiogon.com and eBay.

juan mo ting ( one more thing) I have a LG TV and it's internal DAC SUUUUUUUUUUCKS! TVs place no priority in sound when designed. Even Bose knows this and they are trying to corner the market in best TV sound (and lifestyle/Hometheater/music sound overall, see http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/controller?url=/shop_online/videowave/index.jsp)

Thanks for the advice , and that's pretty much what I've got. So the long and short of it, possible not missing much, and then again that never ending quest for perfection, that most people do not understand. I'm setting up to rebuild the KG4s (crites xovers and ti diaphrams). By then I'll have researched enough about DAC's to write a book. Thanks for all the help guys.