Klipsch SW10 blown,need replacment info

ts316

hello,

i have a klipsch sw10 powered sub that just a few days ago started to make popping noises ffom the 10 inch woofer,im assuming that the woofer is bad.i have had this woofer for maybe 7 years.i really love this sub.what would be a good replacment from the new line of klipsch subs for this model that will sound equal or better? or should i replace the front speaker?know where i can get one?

thanks in advance....tim

This message has been edited by ts316 on 04-20-2002 at 05:02 PM

Does it pop when you are playing something or when it is sitting there getting no signal. That's my problem, with no inputs and it just sitting there it just pops away...wierd.

------------------

Dual PIII 733 mhz, 128 RDRAM, Elsa GeFORCE 2 Ultra, 40 GHD, 12x CDRW, DVD, Philips AE, Klipsch 4.1

tim, call 1-800-KLIPSCH and press option #7 ??? for parts. The 10" active woof should still be available for around(guessing)$100 shipped to you.

And before you order, you might first talk to Klipsch Tech Support regarding the popping noises.

If you supply airfare, Trey in Tech Support might be willing to deliver and install the new woofer.That's just the kind of guy he is! :^)

Good luck!

Keith

• 1 year later...

Anyone ever get a fix for the popping noises? I know the original thread was a broken speaker. But two of you have mentioned the same problem I'm having - no input to the sw10 sub (in fact the input wire completely disconnected) and popping noises coming from the speaker. I'm not a huge fan of the SW-10, but I already own it and if the fix is inexpensive, I'll try it out.

By the way - that humming noise, I would wager you have an original amp. I had the exact same problem, and Klipsch put in a new amp (completely different panel from the original), fortunately it happened under warranty. Before they did the replacement, I bought an obscenely expensive interconnect, power conditioner, and a new pre-amp, still had the hissing / humming noise. Who would have figured it was the sub's amp.