Is it safe to...

Dombo

I have a pair of KLF-30's and a Denon 3802 receiver. Is it safe to go pass 0 on the volume? It goes from

-70 to +18. I have turned it up pretty loud and don't hear clipping (absent chucks of sound, right?) But I don't want to do something stupid. Also, I believe that that the KLF-30's can handle 200 watts (continuously) and the denon only puts out 110. What does that really mean? Thanks a ton for you rhelp and saftey precautions.

Dombo,

I have the 3802 and RF-7's and I've gone to +3 once or twice with very clean sounding CD's and DVD's but not for very long. I personally found no reason to go much past this as most of the windows in the house are rattling (it's time for a window upgrade before any audio upgrades). I too have not heard any sign of clipping at this level, however I cherish my RF-7's, I'm leary on going much past this. I have heard that a couple of people on this board have cranked their Denon's to +18 (not sure if any damage occurred). I'd be worried out hearing damage at that volume.

-PB

I also have a Denon AVR3802 connected up to a complete Reference Series 3 setup. My and one of my friends did crank it up to about +10 and still got very clean sound, but my ears were starting to hurt. We only had it up that loud for a brief second

, just to see what this new system can do (I guess like taking a new car and seeing if it can really go the 120mph it says it can go on the speedo). I don't plan on cranking it up that loud again, and I would not advise it for the simple fact that not only is it hard on the equipment, but more importantly, it is very hard on your hearing.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Another proud member of the "Klipsch Klub".