HDBRbuilder-private message access problems

fini

Fini,

Thanks for the help, but I am still having problems. Even though I login, the site doesn't recognize me like it did a few days ago. But when I do a post, my name on here is automatically filled in for me. When I try to access my private messages, it asks me to login again. When I do login, it either goes to the message page OR it keeps asking me to login. When it FINALLY gets to my private message page, and I click on a message to retrieve it, it either boots me back asking me to login again or does nothing...weird...huh?

Maybe the site thinks I didn't pay enough for those LaScalas last nite....LOL! Either way, I have yet to be able to access any of my private messages here!!!

Somebody please help me!!!!!

HDBRbuilder, I too have had the problems of which you speak. They appeared when I cleansed my computer of "cookies" and restricted more from being inserted into my system.

Cookies are little computer messages stored in your computer that enable a foreign computer to store their specialized cookies on your computer. Klipsch uses cookies to identify Forum members in the log-on, automatic password and PM areas. The Klipsch computer will still recognize you as a Forum member and allow you to post providing you hand enter your password correctly.

Oh, and congratulations on scoring the LaScalas... hope you will share with us any restoration process you elect... and, perhaps, a few photos. -HornED

Ed,

Thanks for your input...I tend to believe it is some kind of cookie problem too, although I haven't done anything to cause it that I know of. I sure wish I could rectify it.

It is a shame that a number of folks in this forum sent me messages that I can't retrieve.

I hope that any of those who have sent messages to me and read this posting will opt to re-send their messages to my e-mail address, and I am sorry that this problem has caused them any grief.

As for the "scalawags"....well, you can find a "before" pic of one of em below:

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=1346230788

I just hope the other one looks this good or better. The labels on the back are supposedly covered by the "carpet" too...once I get them I will be able to tell what I have to do to them to bring them back. I was assured that they were the "genuine article in excellent working condition" and the seller has made very many transactions with glowing compliments from the buyers...so I am kinda "pumped-up" about it!! Still, the fact the seller listed them as "Klipsh" (sic) instead of Klipsch has me a bit worried. From what I can tell in the pic, based on the visible part of the tweeter, the midrange horn, and the sharpness of the lines on the doghouse in the woofer section, I believe they indeed ARE the real McKlipsch!!!LOL!

Anyway, when I get them I will take some good "before" pics...and plan to take a few "work in progres" pics as well as "after" pics to post for any interested.

( I sure hope that damned carpet is gonna be easy to get off of em!!!!!)...LOL! I have seen worse and made repairs on worse, I do believe!!!!

Hopefully, they used a high-grade padding under the carpet...helps with the wearability. If they've been Scotch-garded (as opposed to PWK's liquor cabinet, which is Scotch-guarded), you may be able to rent a carpet cleaner at the grocery store, or just call Coit. Other options would be vinyl, ceramic tile, or Pergo.

Always trying to help,

fini

Man, I can't wait to see those bad boys after you finish with them!! BTW, did you happen to see the glass top scallas on a different thread?

Thanks for the wealth of information you have taken time to share with us. I really enjoyed the PWK anecdote.

From a fellow Shooter/Klipsch Fan..Keep your powder dry and the Volume High!!

This message has been edited by Vavoline on 04-22-2002 at 04:33 AM