Setting up a good 5.2 HT system

mcgonzi

Hi,

I am new in this Forum.

I have been thinking about putting 3 La Scala`s behind the my micro perforated screen and using 2 Corrwalls or 2 Heresy as rear speakers, What 2 Subs perform well with Klipsch besides the Ultra THX 2 Subs ? How far away do the La Scala have to be set from the screen? Does the La Scala have to stand on the floor or can it be put up 12 inches of the floor?

Instead of 3 La Scala as mains would 2 La Scala and 1 Cornwell as center be an option?

I`ll consider any other suggestion. I only watch Movies

Hi, I am new in this Forum. I have been thinking about putting 3 La Scala`s behind the my micro perforated screen and using 2 Corrwalls or 2 Heresy as rear speakers, What 2 Subs perform well with Klipsch besides the Ultra THX 2 Subs ? How far away do the La Scala have to be set from the screen? Does the La Scala have to stand on the floor or can it be put up 12 inches of the floor? Instead of 3 La Scala as mains would 2 La Scala and 1 Cornwell as center be an option? I`ll consider any other suggestion. I only watch Movies

I can’t give you much info on placement for the La Scala. But on subs I feel I got a pretty good grasp on what works and what does ok on subs. First thing internet subs are 100% value if you go with svs/ed/hsu/epik you will be very happy with the bang for buck and probably end up getting a 2 or 3 to 1 value on your dollar. Get 1 or 2 of one of them and you’re done. [:D]

I got your PM, and thought I'd reply here in case it be helpful to anyone else in the future.

My LaScalas are about 6' apart between all three. So, from my left to right is about 18' total with center in the middle. I had mine on the floor for a year, and in the last month have built platforms for them. My platforms are 22" tall, but more importantly, they put the midrange driver right at my ear level when listening. My listening position is up on a 13" riser, thus my speaker platforms are that tall. Yours would vary. Mine are crossed over to subs, so if I lost any base in doing this, the subs cover that up.

I'm using Heresy for my rears. They do a great job. I would have gone with Cornwall or LaScala in the rear, but chose smaller for aesthetic reasons. My room is "stealth", so it was important I could hide all speakers. I don't know how much I'm missing? don't feel like much. The Heresy are built into cabinets in the rear of my room and are about 6' off the floor.

If you have an AT screen and the L and R are LaScala, then stay with LaScala for the center. The Cornwall is a wonderful speaker, but it doesn't have the same quality of midrange, which would be pretty beneficial in a center speaker.

If you want more detail on my room and speaker setup, check out this thread. You'll get more than you bargained for. :)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=876791