CD Changer Advise

NOSValves

Okay first off let me make this clear !!!!! I'm not looking for a High Dollar audiophile type CD Deck.

Here is what I'm after. I'm looking for a CD changer to use that will have descent sonic quality's and be able to shuffle a descent amount of discs like say 50 to 200 as in 50 being the minimum. I want this for casual listening when I do serious listening its Vinyl all the way. I currently have a Sony DVD drive that to me sounds real good thru my Tube Amps. But its in my HT setup and I need something for my workshop/2 channel setup. The current out dated Sony CDP315 is just plain lousy and doesn't like burned disc and is real near taking a dump on me.

So give me some option what's the best buy dollar to sound quality wise. My birthday is nearing and I'll have my wife get me one.

Thanks Craig

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

Craig - I have a Pioneer Elite PDF-19, which I picked up on clearance for $300. It does a great job, and looks great too with the wood side panels and shiny black front. Their non-Elite model is pretty much the same, without the fancy trim and the "Legato Link" conversion, whatever that is.

I am using 7 of the 10 categories on it, and I can place disks in multiple categories (unlike the Sony, which only permits a disk to be in one category). Works great for background music, plays CD-R and DTS-Audio disks.

Doug

------------------

My System

I found a 50+1 on ebay that's looks like a great deal. Its a PD-F79 its only at $49 right now but who know at ebay. LOL !!!!!

------------------

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

Grado cartridge

Sony CDP315 CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I

KSW-15 Subs>c>

I have an Arcam MCD changer. While it holds only 6 cd's at a time, it's the best sounding changer I auditioned (Sony, CAL, Pioneer, etc., etc.). It's just about the best trade off between sonics and convenience you can find. They go for $600+ new. Mine was a store demo that was factory certified with a full warranty. I paid $400 plus tax. BTW, it does make strange noises when shuffling discs. Typical British gadgetry I assume.

Good Luck,

Chris

------------------

2 channel

Klipsch Cornwalls (1978)

Cary CAD 300SEI amp (WE 300B's, various NOS 6SN7's)

Arcam Alpha MCD cd player

Accuphase T-101 Tuner

Sota Sapphire TT

Alphason HR-100 arm

Grado Sonata Cartridge

EAR Phono Stage

HT

Klipsch KG2.5 (front & rear)

Klipsch KV2 (center)

Klipsch SW12 (sub)

Marantz SR7000 receiver

Toshiba DTS DVD