Asking for guidance in upgrading my sound to 1080 High Def LCD 46" Screen

Bluehusky

I am looking to you all for guidance as my fellow Klipsch Lovers on how best to improve my experience in listening to TV and movies on our 1080 46" Sony
LCD, as the 2 internal speakers lack compared to the experience we get every time we listen to our audio system.

I will attempt to keep our story brief, our background; both my wife TO BE and I were killing time back during the HOT Summer of 1983. We were radical
by living together, and had no A/C. So we used to spend time in the freezer section until we ended up at the local HiFi store, at the time we noted that they had awesome A/C. Since we were just "looking", the salesman was laid back but driven for a sale. He demonstrated several systems; it was so hard to make a commitment, yet very cool. He allowed me to push the buttons to activate the various speakers they offered. Well, I ended up falling for one particular speaker. My wife to be, also perked up when she heard these speakers play and remarked that they were so real. At the time I seem to recall they cost a whopping $750 for a pair. Well every Saturday for about four weeks we continued to return with various LP's and realized that
they never sounded so "life like" and "words could not describe the quality of the sound." Since we both had meager salaries, recent college
grads, plus in the process of paying for our wedding. We decided one day that our first gift for ourselves would be a pair of the Klipsch Heresy's we so loved. They would serve as a wedding, plus any birthdays, every holiday, etc. Well several months later, together we went and bought our Heresy's and enjoyed them for seven plus years. After the birth of our first daughter in 1989, shorthly later we decided to upgrade, to a new pair of Forte II's. Then I did something I still am regreting; I gave our Heresy's to my kid brother as he had gotten his first place. (Of course he has never appreciated them, and feels they are old hand me downs.)

OK, now I have stated our love for Klipsch and demonstrated that I am not perfect which is why I am writing asking for advice from all of you. We still love our Forte II's, which still look as great as the day I unpacked them in 1990. I had upgraded our Electronics, (roughly 15 years ago) to an Adcom Tuner/Pre Amp with a separate 200 watt Amplifier, the system sounds today as it did then awesome.

We would like to improve the TV and Movie sound and want to incorporate our Forte II's in this Audi/Video system. Unfortunately I am on the disabled list due to NON elective Brain Surgeries (I do not recommend anyone attempting this as a DIY's project), and have two of our three daughters currently in college, with another going in 5 years. Needless to say the Macintosh I demo'd a few years back is not an option. Although we live in Fairfield County, Connecticut, surprisingly all the quality audio/visual stores are gone, just Big Box Stores offering Panasonic, GE, RCA or Sony equipment; the other end of the spectrum are boutique shops offering custom made systems made from titanium, and handed rubbed finishes, Macintosh gear, and if you need to ask the price you're not our type of clientele.

Back to reality, I am considering NAD T747 that retails for $599 from Cruthfield or some others online. It is an impressive system, with some
positive reviews by pro's and users (I have not heard it) but I feel it is going backwards, as I have separates and going back to an all in one. Some of the
posts I have read mention Emotiva, and on EBay have seen Rotel RSP-1098 (when I go to the Rotel website it does not show it.) Our room is 14' by 20' one side of the 14' is a bookcase where the equipment sits, along with a Sony Bravia 46" LCD (5 years old), Sony Blu-Ray (3 yrs. old), NAD CD player (18 months old). I am using HDMI with Hi-Def. Cable box to 46" LCD, plus HDMI with the Blu-Ray to 46" LCD.

I welcome any suggestions you might offer us. Our budget is (wife $600, mine $1,000'ish) both want max bang for our buck. Brand new not as
important as quality that of course works!

Jeff Konspore (now proudly known as a Zipperhead)

Current - 1999 Forte II's OOL

Previously - 1983 Heresy OOL

Emotiva is great bang per buck. In fact, i do not know better value. Their amps are good, they make awesome unbalanced preamp, and their pre/pro UMC-1 is musical and very flexible. It had quite a few quirks initially, but they should be have been worked out with firmware updates by now.

Also, free shipping and 30 day return period, you can't lose.

Sorry if you mentioned this but are you looking to get 3 other speakers and a subwoofer for a 5.1 system or do you want to just use your two speakers for a 2.0 system or do you want to just add a subwoofer? yada yada yada. That nad does look promising as long as it does not have any bad bugs. I would go for something else if you are just going to do a 2.0 system