My La Scalas: Stripped, Sanded, Stained. (finally)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ears,

It has been many, many moons since my last post. I hope this finds all of you well. Below I will post pictures of my finally completed project of stripping my La Scalas of black paint, sanding them and staining them.

These are 1977 birch La Scalas that were spray painted black at some point before me. Here is a link to "before" pictures:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/119331.aspx?PageIndex=1

There was a great discussion here when I was beginning the project:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/122024.aspx

Bear in mind I am a wood-working BEGINNER of the beginningest degree. Haven't attempted a project like this ever. So, I'm proud to have gotten through it and bring it to a moment of completion. Also, I'm happy to announce this was a SUCCESSFUL endeavor. My wife likes them much better now. When they were black, she referred to them as "The Death Stars". She is, I think, tickled that I put so much effort in, and she picked the stain which she is pleased with. So, that means the La Scalas stay! No downsizing to Heresies...for now. :)

Particulars: I used two different strippers on each speaker (no good reason to do this, don't do it), both worked fine just differently. One by a Green Earth-y company, the other by 3M. I sanded using two different hand-held power sanders (both orbital, I think), mostly with 60 grade paper (much courser than recommended around here generally.) Finally, Minwax pre-stain conditioner (essential in this case, it turns out) and Minwax Colonial Maple stain (oil-based) picked by my wife.

Man did you do some sanding! Good work. I bet you are still sneezing sawdust!

Thanks for sharing the Pictures and I know you are happiest about the wife liking them now! [:P]

They are great speakers! [Y]

Dennie