who is this amazing guy and what is he doing in the desert with the scalas.

damn youre FAST.

and it took me an hour to upload trying to send piccha.

well i remember seeing him on the forum i guess,but dont know who is he .

once i took out my speakers out on the terrace. its about 45 by 20 ft.

the bass didnt come back to me ,hehe.or perhaps it was there but my ears werent tuned to that open air sound.

• Moderators

*** you're FAST.

and it took me an hour to upload trying to send piccha.

well i remember seeing him on the forum i guess,but dont know who is he .

once i took out my speakers out on the terrace. its about 45 by 20 ft.

the bass didnt come back to me ,hehe.or perhaps it was there but my ears werent tuned to that open air sound.

You have to remember you are talking about RF-3's, a pair of LaScala's can EASILY fill a 45' x 20' outdoor area.

I going to go ahead and say it........you need to get something better than the 3's. [:o]

OK I finally said it, I have been thinking about telling you that but never did. You need a different speaker.

The RF-3's are ok but from all your questions comparing speakers you really need to try something else. What you would be happy with, I don't know, and I know where you live there may not be that many choices which makes it tough.

But it sounds like you really like this hobby and would really enjoy a better speaker.

Sorry, it was not said to be insulting in any way. [Y]

OK I finally said it, I have been thinking about telling you that but never did. You need a different speaker.

The RF-3's are ok but from all your questions comparing speakers you really need to try something else. What you would be happy with, I don't know, and I know where you live there may not be that many choices which makes it tough.

But it sounds like you really like this hobby and would really enjoy a better speaker.

dtel, i thoroughly enjoyed your boldness. not to mention the RF3s and their bashing.lolz. all this time ive wondered which speaker could satisfy my listening tastes if a reference speaker isnt ringing my bells.

all other klipsch should have the same issues as these RF3s. maybe some may have more issues .(placement, bass oomph etc) .

the cousin that i call my audio guru, spoke to me the other day mentioning the need for another pair of speakers to replace the 3s.

i giggled it away .

and he and you both know almost the same about my posts on this forum.

he mentioned some Energy connoisseur 6s, tower speakers for about $650 that he could get me . but i didnt show much interest asthey are low sensitivity speakers and all i have are 30 to 40 watt amps for music up in my den.

also im used to the horn sound . it is very articulate .

klipsch are not ultimate !!! but given the right placement and electronics , they do blow away their competition for the price paid. atleast thats my feeling after checking out paradigms studio 100 v2s, and the pioneer SLH5, and JBL L80s .

as of now (just as i write ) im loving my RF3s . coz they are in a new placement now. facing my study table den.and getting benefit from the bass enhancement from the wall that my chair is at.

ill post the pictures in the morning to illustrate you. my camera wont do good in dim light.

and yes , though they do it all right if i feed em good music and recording and place em nicely.you could always advise me what other speakers you think are worthy of easily replacing the 3s and satisfy me without much fuss.

waiting for your thoughts.[H]

right now, im listening and testing my 3s with the various songs that i have with gorgeous bass.

bella fleck ," flight of the cosmic hippo " was never this full sounding and beautiful. the bass has blossomed .

INCEPTION soundtrack "Time " .....................o boy aboy im Loving it ......[:D]

• Moderators

I did not intend it to be disrespectful to you or the Rf-3, it's just the RF-3 is on the light end of the RF line.

To be honest I have no idea what sound you would like and the only reason I said anything is most speakers I have heard from Klipsch are fine with the midrange and high frequencies but some don't have as much bass.

Although it is matched to the mid and high driver the RF-3 is not a big bass speaker. Also the bigger or further up the line the more the midrange "opens up" which makes a huge difference.

We have 7 different Klipsch speakers working here and to me the bigger the midrange horn is the better the sound....TO ME... which could be a personal thing?

Good luck and I am glad your hearing the RF's are sounding better.....a room can make ALL the difference.

• Moderators

right now, im listening and testing my 3s with the various songs that i have with gorgeous bass.

bella fleck ," flight of the cosmic hippo " was never this full sounding and beautiful. the bass has blossomed .

INCEPTION soundtrack "Time " .....................o boy aboy im Loving it ......Big Smile

If you don't have bass with that music you have no bass, there is some crazy bass on that recording, I like the one with the Banjo and whatever is making the bass on that song, it shakes the house with the MWM's. [:P]

DTEL,

that being said , that the 3s are a bit shy on bass compared to the other bigger badder klipsch . i d like to know if the 82s, which have similar if not bigger drivers , have better and deeper bass ?

how is that done ? through a larger cabinet and some crossover tweaking perhaps?

i may start looking out for another hound ;)

i mean perhaps id go into the forte group, if i could find .

moray has always recommended quartets.but they are rarely available to me .

the so called klipsch dealer here in lahore , says hed charge me $1700. for a heresy3.

thats an insane mount for those .what to talkof heritge extended . like chorus or fortes .

which of the reference do you think sound way better than the 3s in the ref line of speakers.ref are easy to find . dont mention RF-7s . they re again costly .

RF-3's have more bass than the lascala. The Forte or Quartet would be more of a lateral move in my opinion. The new RF-7 II might be something to consider if you like the Reference sound. But why not go all out on a Jubilee setup? [;)]

• Moderators

RF-3's have more bass than the lascala. The Forte or Quartet would be more of a lateral move in my opinion. The new RF-7 II might be something to consider if you like the Reference sound. But why not go all out on a Jubilee setup? Wink

I was thinking out in the open like when he put them on his deck. I would think the RF-3 would go deeper but at 50' with a little volume I would rather the LaScala. I guess I just like the bigger sound even if it's not as deep ?

I once put some Heresy's outside and they did not carry very far at all and the bass was almost zero, I know the Heresy is not the place to look for big bass but I thought they would have been better than that because of how the Lascala sounds outside. I know it's a completely different design but the Heresy's were terrible out in the open.imo

I have never had the RF-3's but when I first looked at Klipsch I listened to the 3's and the 7's and the 3's were OK but i was looking for something with a little more, almost bought the 7's but the 2 mains would cost as much as the 5.0 speakers in the 3's.

I ended up buying 5 Synergy's for ht which sounded very close to the Rf's, and kept reading here, look where that got me ! [:$]

RF-3's have more bass than the lascala. The Forte or Quartet would be more of a lateral move in my opinion. The new RF-7 II might be something to consider if you like the Reference sound. But why not go all out on a Jubilee setup? Wink

CANT GO WITH JUBILEES .

too ugly for my tastes . and low WAF too,perhaps.....