Is anyone here attending the Lonestar Audio Fest?

Right Klipsch will not be there but there will be horns and that's what he wants to find out about as he has little experience with them. My friend lives in Houston perhaps there is a forum member with Forte ll, KLF 20 or CF-3/4 who could give my friend Uriah an introduction to Klipsch? If any here are planning on attending the Lone Star event maybe they could meet up and provide some commentary on the horns being displayed and how they compare to Klipsch.Best regards Moray James.

Some additional info. My friend Uriah was considering some Maggies when I pointed him toward Klipsch. Is there anybody in Houston who has both Maggies and Klipsch or who has klipsch and had maggies in the past? Anything from Heresy with subs up to KLF 30 size is about as large as I think he can go (but who knows). Since he is willing to drive up to Dallas I don't think he would mind a drive across town for a demo and a chat. I would have him over for a listen but Calgary is a long drive from Dallas. Somebody? Texas is the Long Horn state. Best regards Moray James.

It may not be what he's looking for, but I've got a Reference 7 HT, Lascalas (with a sub) in one bedroom, H3's in another room and some pro stuff outside. I've never heard Maggies. I'm about an hour and a half from Houston. If you give it a little time someone from Houston should pipe up, I know there's several there, but I won't speak for or volunteer them.

Thanks for the offerthat's a lot of great gear. I am not sure if he will be a reference guy or a heritage guy but that's part of what he is looking to find out. I will contact him and get him to start watching this space. Best regards Moray James.

I am wondering if you can tell me about your BF sub? What did it replace how low does it go and how loud does it play? That sort of thing, your impressions. Thanks best regards Moray James.

PS: I contacted Uriah and hope he shows up hear himself. I think he will be impressed with the forum and especially the members. This is a top quality place to learn and visit with llike minded people.

I built the smallest sub he offered as it would be a music only sub and never used for HT. It doesn't need to go ridiculously loud as it's in a bedroom system. The Lascalas it's paired with run off a 25 wpc amp. I run 125 watts to the sub. It's a very clean sounding sub that integates well with the mains when crossed over through my pre-amp. The most amazing thing is that it keeps up nicely with the Lascalas in that room and has amazing extension but only uses one 8" driver. The whole system was an exercise in efficiency. I've got a total of 175 watts that power all 3 speakers COMBINED and it will get stupid loud while sounding great at the same time.

Carl