KLF-30 vs RF7

Beechnut

Having owned three pairs of RF-7's I've stated in the past that if Klipsch came out with a three-way RF-7 with dual 15's I'd be the first in line. Now, I'm the owner of two pairs of KLF-30's and pretty much got what I wished for.

I've owned RF-7's, RB-75's, RF-35's, RB-35's and while these all sounded very smooth and refined they lacked the musicality that I've found in three-way Klipsch. Much respect for the Reference series but to me...geared more towards HT.

As far as the 30's go I have a tremendous amount of appreciation since setting them up properly. They have the smoothness of an RF-7 (without the harsh top end) and the dynamic musicality of the three-way Heritage. The tight, powerful bass is what you always hear about with these speakers but the sophisticated mids-highs is what totally impresses me about the 30's. Putting tubes on the horns without a doubt takes them to another level of sound quality...true with any three-way Klipsch IMO. [Y]

Another thing...RF-7's have been brought back by popular demand (how many times now?) but seriously, if you guys like the 7's, you'll love the KLF-30's.

Bring back the KLF-30's. No mods required. (well, maybe the titanium tweeter diaphram) [:D]