No bass from fronts?

mr_q73

Hello! I just purchased a pair of synergy F30s and from everything i was reading it sounded like these had some pretty loud bass from the two 8" woofers in each tower. I hooked them up after they came in today and turned off my sub to see how much bass i would be getting from those alone. Well for whatever reason i'm getting very little. I have an Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver which i figured would be enough power to pump some bass to them. I have the fronts set to FULL BAND already so that's not the problem. I'm wondering if there is some setting some where in that turns the bass way down on the fronts, i'm also wondering if this is part of the Audasey setup, as i haven't reran that since i got my new speakers and my old speakers were tiny tiny so they shouldnt have had bass going to them. Any suggestions on what i could check or what the problem might be ? Any help is appreciated :)

On my Onkyo 708 there is also a function switch in the menu which says: Are you using a sub-woofer. Make sure that is switched to "No" if you want to hear the bass. You can also switch it to "Pure Direct" and 2- Channel stereo which will send the full sound through the front two speakers.

I reran the audasey and it doesn't sound any different to me. The Audasey set the fronts to 40Hz, i changed it back to full band after i didnt notice a difference. I thought maybe it was intentionally not sending bass to the fronts since i had a sub so i changed that to NO earlier and that didn't seem to help either. At high volumes they seem to have a little bass but nothing like what i was expecting. Maybe my expectations are too high, from what i was reading i was expecting for it to sound similar to when i have my sub on, lots of deep bass. All i seem to be getting is what i call mid-range bass. I'm wondering if i bi-amped them if that would make a difference? Or maybe i need to break them in a bit? I've pretty much went through every setting on my receiver and never have gotten anything to produce a significant amount of bass from the speakers.

I think i figured it out, i had changed a couple settings on the receiver and then tried it on STEREO instead of dolby digital and it worked. So apparently Dolby Digital only sends base (or at least most of the base) to my sub. Any who i think i have this solved so thanks for your help.