Question about a KSW-12 blowing the fuse and a Sunfire SDS-12 vs KSW-12

jdnavioneer

I just bought a brand new Reference system which RF-82s, RC-62, RS-42s, and a KSW-12. The system is a week old and the Sub has popped a couple of fuses. After reading about common problems and poor performance reviews of the KSW-12, I am considering taking it back to the store I bought it. After discussing the fuse issue the store said if I wasn't satisified, then they would take it back for a full refund (Which is why I'm so glad I bought local!). Another local store sells Sunfire products and have a deal on a SDS-12. My question is does anyone on here have one of these subs and if so can you offer me some feedback on them?

I know alot of people on here recommend Emotiva, Hsu, Paradigm etc., but I want to stick to what the local boys are selling.

Thanks

JD

I've heard good things about sunfire but never had the opportunity to demo one.

I would make one strong recommendation, go with a Reference sub. I've upgraded from the ksw-10 to ksw-12 to rw-10 and even the rw-12. The rw-12 was just to monstrous for the room I have and the rw-10 works great for me. The difference between the synergy series and reference line is huge. Especially if you have all reference everywhere else.

I have an older set of RF-3's, an RC-3 and RS-3 surrounds. The RW-10 does very nicely keeping up with these. My brother in law has the same exact setup only with a ksw-15 subwoofer. We both agree that the RW-10 is much cleaner and more precise than the ksw-15.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!

The RW-10 is discontinued =/ or I would've ordered one from my Klipsch dealer...I'm gonna demo the Sunfire after work today... I let ya'll know how it turns out. I know I could get more bang for my buck if I bought something used or from an internet retailer, but I like having having face to face support. And I like the service I get from a locally owned mom n pop store. If I have any problems I can just go back to the store I bought the equipment from and let the pros fix em for me... like with the KSW