Advice about Klipsch speakers

forestelder

Hello everyone,

I am planning too buy a RC 62 center speaker with 2x RF 82's and 2x RF 52's. Can i use those 52's as surround speakers?

My receiver ( denon 3808 ) is 130 watt RMS at 8 ohm and the RC 62/ RF 82's speakers are 150 watt RMS at 8 ohm. Is that no problem? I never have the volume higher then 0.

Greetings,

Forestelder

Hello everyone,

I am planning too buy a RC 62 center speaker with 2x RF 82's and 2x RF 52's. Can i use those 52's as surround speakers?

My receiver ( denon 3808 ) is 130 watt RMS at 8 ohm and the RC 62/ RF 82's speakers are 150 watt RMS at 8 ohm. Is that no problem? I never have the volume higher then 0.

Greetings,

Forestelder

Yes you can use them as surrounds

Yes you have enough power

Klipsch speakers dont really require much power to drive for the most part. The only benefits of have an amp that exceeds RMS ratings is that they are generally component amps and have large power supply/supplies to feed large speakers their needy current during high action movie scene with explosions or producing great accurate bass at lower volumes or do keep your speakers pump[ing without a hitch or any clipping For what you are doing and the volume you are listening at, a separate power amp wouldnt be terribly beneficial to you but is beneficial none the less. You have yourself a good receiver.

FYI, the speakers may have150watt rms spec but they arent using 150 watts at all times. At lower volumes you may only be using 10-20 watts of power. As you turn it up, the amp feeds more power to the speakers making them louder. In reality, you amp is probably only putting out around 50-80 watts a channel. Yeah, the manufacturers "lie" to you. They rate their channels in such a way to produce good ratings but arent realistic when all channels are driven. They arent violating law but rather misleading you. Its up to you to read the fine print!

Thx for the input SubXero,

So the Denon will do? And using the RF 52's as surrounds is that oke?

The Denon will work great. I have used a 90 watt Yamaha to power my system (2 RF-82s, RC-3, and 2 RS-52 IIs) and will be using a 110 watt Onkyo once it is repaired. My receivers put out plenty of power, but at some point I will likely add a 150-200 watt amp to the front channels to increase the clarity. It's definately not a priority as it will only make a minimal difference in overall sound quality.

The RF-52s aren't designed to be surround speakers, but they will work as such. People that listen to alot of 5 channel music usually prefer a floor-standing speaker for the surround as it's more natural. If you will only be using your system for movies, a bi-polar surround speaker (RS-42 or RS-52) would be better as it is designed to disperse the sound around the listener to more closely duplicate the feel of a theater.

Bottom line is that you have a great system that should serve you well in a multitude of applications! If you get everything set-up and you love it (good possability), then you're set! If after a year you fell like you might be missing something, you do have the ability to make some small step-wise upgrages to tweek your system.

Last note; you will need/want a sub-woofer if you don't already have one. It will make a HUGE difference in movie watching, and depending on your music, will likely make a big difference there as well.

I just bought the same speaker system with RS-42's for surrounds being the only difference... I'm driving them with a Marantz SR-5005 Which is rated at 100w/ ch RMS... They sound great and will get louder than I can stand with no distortion [:D] I'm sure you will have plenty of power.