New firmware for emo umc-1

BorderCollie

Well for the umc owners out there, emo released a new firmware about a week and half ago. A lot of people had problems with the umc taking the dsp flash... Including myself. I found my issue was that the umc does not respond well to windows 7 x64 service pack1... In fact, I had given up on it, and when I unplugged everything my umc wouldn't even load because it took the flash... When I went to windows vista it took the whole thing in about 10 min... I haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but my only issue with the umc is that I get a lot of sound drops from htpc.... So I hope that this solves that issue...

If you run into problems try running your computer in safe mode it seemed to work for some people... And emonatics had a bunch of stuff on their website for people with issues...

Well after the update, I had my first center channel drop.... Argggg... On the positive my sound has not dropped once on my htpc, but I have not been able to use it much.... So here's for hoping... Xki I have not seen you in awhile, how is it going? I finally got new rear speakers... They should be here Friday....

Kde the firmware is basically like a software update... Its supposed to fix a lot of the bugs.... If you go to the emo lounge you can see what the firmware update is supposed to address exactly, Ill try and find it tonight and post it

Well after the update, I had my first center channel drop.... Argggg... On the positive my sound has not dropped once on my htpc, but I have not been able to use it much.... So here's for hoping... Xki I have not seen you in awhile, how is it going? I finally got new rear speakers... They should be here Friday....

Kde the firmware is basically like a software update... Its supposed to fix a lot of the bugs.... If you go to the emo lounge you can see what the firmware update is supposed to address exactly, Ill try and find it tonight and post it

It's going ok. Been a crazy month or 2. I did get a second Heresy II for center duty. VERY nice. Let us know how the new rears sound, ok?

I've had center drops with the .00 firmware and I'm hoping the new upgrade will fix that. We've been playing a lot of older DVDs and the audio lock is lost about every 2 minutes. Drives us all nuts. I hope the new firmware fixes that too. (Jurrasic Park) I'm also hoping the lock on is quicker. HDMI chips are about as fast as my old Comadore 64. NAh. The 64 was faster.

• Like 1

I upgraded my firmware tonight and am watching The Way Back on blu ray. I've had a few center channel drop outs, which was never a problem watching movies in the past. I think it has happened mostly when I rewind or pause.

When I did the firmware update I did a factory reset first and then loaded the .07 firmware. I forgot to do a factory reset when I was done and started programing it again. I might do a factory reset after the movie is over and then reset it up again and see if that helps.

I upgraded my firmware tonight and am watching The Way Back on blu ray. I've had a few center channel drop outs, which was never a problem watching movies in the past. I think it has happened mostly when I rewind or pause.

When I did the firmware update I did a factory reset first and then loaded the .07 firmware. I forgot to do a factory reset when I was done and started programing it again. I might do a factory reset after the movie is over and then reset it up again and see if that helps.

I never got around to doing a factory reset but my son wanted to watch The Last Airbender tonight so we watched it and we didn't have a single center channel drop out. I should still do a factory reset but knowing me I'll never do it until I have another problem. Knock on wood I wont have a problem!