subwoofer question

I was looking for a powered sub for the livingroom to go with the bookshelf speakers( Polk Audio RT5 120 watts paid 50.00 ) purchased for my wife to listen to music. I was looking on craigslist when I came across a SVS20-39 PCI for 225.00 mint condition . Now I know thats too big for the livingroom and bookshelf speakers. The question.... Is the svs sub better than my klipsch RW12 -D . If so I can then use the RW12-D in the livingroom . And SVS in the theater room. Thanks for any input !

I believe that SVS will be somewhat more powerful than the RW12...... but I am not 100% certain.......

Both amps are rated around 300watts RMS...... I would check the specs and see how low the SVS goes versus the RW12D....

(I am assuming your theater room is a dedicated HT setup)......

(Everything I have read about the SVS says it is a beast)......

Perhaps the owner can let you demo it so you can judge for yourself........

Good Luck......

Looks like the SVS is more powerful. Listed as 525 watt bash amp compared to the RW,s 350. Also, the SVS goes deeper to 20 Hz compared to the RW 24. Can't find the max SPL on the SVS, but the RW is rated at 116dB. In a corner, I'd say the SVS would dominate. Not to mention the RW goes to 120 which may be better for bookshelf speakers.

Klipsch RW 12-D +/- 3db 24HZ-120HZ 350 watts

SVS 20-39 PCI +/- 3db 20HZ-100Hz 325 watts

I stand by my original post.

I think that SVS would be a nice HT upgrade. (Research some reviews...... I did and it is highly regarded for HT).

I also believe the RW12D would do well with 2 channel..... (As Mustang Guy suggested)..... [:D]

(In other words, I think you may be on the right track with your original idea).......

Good Luck!