Got my Emotiva XPA-5 on Friday and.....

madfusker

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a umc-1 yesterdayand have not even tried emoq yet. Question about the remote, how well does yours work. I have my umc-1 pretty close to the floor and for the life of me i cannot change in volumes or anything unless i get level to the ground and point it right at the umc. Does your remote work terribly? Great sound on the unit though btw

I have my umc-1 pretty close to the floor and for the life of me i cannot change in volumes or anything unless i get level to the ground and point it right at the umc. Does your remote work terribly?

Not at all! Mine is on the floor too and I have at least 320 degrees of angle (no kidding!). The only place I can't hit it is directly behind me (nothing to reflect on i suppose). Battery low? Was your battery isolated and you had to pull the tab to make contact?

Maybe IR interference from another device? < not likely.

post-41681-13819658286262_thumb.jpg

How do I select which EmoQ preset to use? I see how I can edit them, but not sure how I put it in that mode.

Going from memory here....I think you go to 'Input Setup'. It's the area where you dictate how it's going to play each source (CD, DVD, SAT, etc.). Here you can assign an EmoQ preset to each source individually. After selecting a source, go near the bottom of the list. Down there somewhere you can choose EmoQ presets 1, 2, 3, or none. You have to do this with each source so it's a good amount of clicking.

For your second question I can't really comment on or share what I have for an EQ setting. So much of it has to do with speaker placement and the room acoustics. My EQ setting has little bearing on your setup and room. I think you're doing the right thing. Run EmoQ then tweak things here and there until you like it.

Not much fun to manually setup each one if you just want your last setting plus or minus some bass.

That's what the 'Trims' area (on the remote) is for. Just bump up the sub if you want more bass. If your EmoQ preset is engaged while watching a DVD, it starts adjusting from that gain setting (+3 or wherever the EmoQ is at) .

I hope this all makes sense. Had a couple drinks.

I have my umc-1 pretty close to the floor and for the life of me i cannot change in volumes or anything unless i get level to the ground and point it right at the umc. Does your remote work terribly?

Not at all! Mine is on the floor too and I have at least 320 degrees of angle (no kidding!). The only place I can't hit it is directly behind me (nothing to reflect on i suppose). Battery low? Was your battery isolated and you had to pull the tab to make contact?

Maybe IR interference from another device? < not likely.

It did not work at all until i changed the batteries yesterday. Looks like i will have to talk to emo support. Also my amp1 trigger does not work. Dont know if i want to send it in just yet especially for just a trigger problem (all 3 others work).

by the way what is the latest firmware version? 7.04.00.07?

I would have them send you a new unit to swap out to fix that trigger issue too!

Thanks for the firmware info procedure. I just learned I don't even have the latest on this new unit I just got! Sheeezzzz. I have 7.04.00.03. Also when I got my unit it had 3 screws rolling around on the inside with the whole front plate ready to fall out. In opening it up I found the 3 plus rolling around and 2 were totally MIA. I had to ask Emotiva to send me extra screws. Not a big deal, but sheezzz, now the firmware too. I bet the box wasn't even been opened since Hong Kong!

Customer service was very helpful for me. I bought this unit used so i am guessing they would not just send me a replacement, they would fix the one i have. I would rather not spend the time without it and pay the shipping cost for a trigger when i have three more. I have 4.5 years left on the warranty to i have plenty of time to get it fixed if i want to. Happy to say i got the 40% off card too :)