Insidious

superedge88

I just got done watching Insidious on BluRay. I had been told by a friend that it was worth nothing more than a rental. I am actually very glad that I rented it instead of being most likely disappointed with the audio reproduction in a movie theater. The audio is honestly one of the main reasons that the movie is intense and frightening, so I honestly wouldn't bother watching the movie unless you have a system that can easily reach reference levels from LFE on up. The movie is not perfect, it does however have some great moments that really made me tense up and cringe. I love the moments in movies where I actually don't know what I would do if I was the main character, and this movie definitely had some of those hopeless/frightening moments.

Whenever I watch an action movie or horror flick I intentionally turn the volume up to where typically my wife is just on the edge of saying "TURN IT DOWN" So I cranked up the volume as the movie started to that typical volume level and waited. To my surprise the dialogue and all other audio seemed to be instead at a quite normal volume until intense scarey scenes when the volume was suddenly IN YOUR FACE... hmmmmm so the audio mixers probably did this on purpose to create even more dynamic audio laden scenes making louder sound effects. I was impressed with the conservative use of bass which gave the movie an edge that really appealed to my wife and I.

Side note: I noticed that there is a drawing on the blackboard behind the father as he is sitting in the classroom.... Is this a SAW movie reference?

ONLY SEE THIS MOVIE WITH THE VOLUME CRANKED.

Spoiler Alert:

Am I the only one that thinks that the kid was taken over by the Demon? He did say that he was "tired" Maybe the demon was tired from trying to take over the kid's body? We never did see the kid make it back to his own body. My guess is that the kid/demon was eating so much because the demon needed to get his energy back in order to torment people through the kid's body.

I just bought this on blu-ray, have not watched it yet. We did see it in the theater however and it's the best scary movie I have seen in a very long time. Everyone was clapping in the end when we watched it. My girlfriend stood up after the movie and said she felt like she had been stressed out and tense the entire movie lol. She was worn out!