KP250 question

Tuner

I discovered yesterday that one of my KP 250s has no tweeter or woofer, the mid is fine. I thought the woofer was just blown but both out make me think something else. I am somewhat technical, any advice is appreciated....Thanks in advance!

How long has that been? First noticed it? Has it been like that for some time?, etc. First, and only takes a minute, swap speaker wires between the two speakers (put left wires on right speaker, right on left). While it's sounds stupid, you want to make absolutely sure it's the speaker and not the amp/recvr. If problem "moves" to the other speaker.... Pull the drivers and make sure that they are connected to the crossover. Check wires, etc. connections, etc. Could be loose connections. drivers have "clips", make sure the clips are clean and tight. If that does not work (and it's a PIA...) then swap the drivers with the good ones from the other speaker. If the problem is still with that speaker, then it is a crossover issue. If not, then at that point you've narrowed it down to what's wrong and you can start looking to replace either the crossovers, or the drivers.

Hope that helps.

[H]

I just noticed it on Saturday. Thanks for the great advice, I already tested the speakers and they are both bad...seems unusual for two to go at the same time but I guess it happens. Now officially in the market for replacements[:D]