Heresy vs. Forte II

jwash

Depends.... For their size, the Heresy can be very good. Many folks prefer the Forte as it has a slightly better bass response. Vintage Heresy-I's can also provide good bass if the rear panel is properly sealed. Heresy-II's usually require capacitor replacement. The Heresy-III will hold it's own in most cases (LOL!!). Forte's are now reasonably easy to find and usually at reasonable prices. Forte's benefit from replacing the tweeter diaphragm and the cap's.

Parts for the Forte's (except diaphragms) are becoming difficult to find. Parts for the Heresy's are, however, readily available.

Forte's are "larger" and usually must be on the floor. The Heresy, while can be placed on the floor, will sometimes perform better when placed on a stand or shelf.

It will depend on the room, the amp, and what you like in terms of overall sound ambience.

Try to listen to both, if you are able to do so, before choosing.

I agreed with everything Groomlakearea51 said except the Fortes have clearly better bass than Heresys not slightly better bass.

I had Heresy 1s for 15 years and loved them but my Fortes have a much better balanced sound than the Heresys because the highs, and midrange do not overpower the bass which can happen with Heresys.

Now I have not had a chance to compare Heresy IIIs to Fortes.

Both are great speakers but my vote is for the Fortes.