Help in choosing appropriate Klipsch speakers

biscuithead

Used to have a set of La Scalas 30 years ago and am now in the market for Klipsch speakers again. Unfortunately I do not have the space for La Scalas or Cornwalls. I'll be living in an apartment for the next year or two, so can't really crank up the volume as much as I'd like, either.I will be using a good integrated circuit receiver, not a tube amp., though hopefully I'll have one in the future.Within these constraints, what speakers would sound best? I've seen Heresy, Forte II, and Tangent 400's for sale nearby, as well as some of the RF series. I'll be using these for two channel audio, though at some point I might consider expanding to a HT system. Thanks in advance for any recommendations you may have!

If you don't have room for a sub, I'd look at the Reference speakers. RF-5's have a relatively small footprint, have excellent bass and are very musical. Forte' II's fall under the same category. If you're thinking of going HT at a later date, consider what center channel you like when considering your main's selection.

As the young guy who was drawn in forever, I would recommend the Heresy/Forte type speakers. Tangent 400/500 would fit that bill but should be had for cheaper. IMO, the Reference are not quite up to snuff with the Heritage/Extended Heritage for music. And the Heritage sound great when expanded to multi-channel. The only minor drawback is center channel. You either want another of the same for fronts, a heresy seems to work great as a heritage center, an academy or klf-c7 (both expensive) or you go less timbre matched. But that is an issue that can be tackled later and is worth the headache.

I have read in Stereophile, that 3 channel music listening with the Paul Klipsch style center is the best way to listen to music. That was surprising to read in that magazine, but much appreciated.