Subwoofer recommendation for RB-51 II / RC-52 II / RB-41 II setup

cbope

Hi all. I've just ordered this setup to upgrade my current home theater system and I'm now looking for a suitable sub. I have a budget of about 500 euros (~700 USD) to spend. Unfortunately, Klipsch subs are not available via the importer I bought the speakers from, so it will have to be another manufacturer. I live in Finland and the locally available brands are JBL, Cerwin-Vega, Audio Pro,
Jamo, OR, Cambridge Audio, Dali, Elac, Genelec, Infinity, Monitor Audio,
Scandyna, Simex and Tangent. There might be some non-locally available brands on Amazon's UK site, but sometimes there are shipping restrictions that
prevent them shipping certain products outside the UK. We don't have Amazon here in Finland. Ordering overseas from the US is not an option, too expensive by the time you pay shipping for a heavy sub, customs, duty and import fees. Not to mention the delays in actually getting what you order and the risk of damage.

The system will be used for TV (HD satellite), DVD, Blu-ray and music. I put an equal importance on music and movies.

At the moment, I am considering the Audio Pro B1.40 with 10" driver and 250w amp. I'd like to get a sub that reaches 30Hz or below and is not boomy or bass-heavy but balanced with good extension, so I'm pretty much looking at 10" and 12" subs with at least 200w. The Audio Pro is fairly highly rated here and a good value, it sells for 450 euros. But I'd like to hear about other options, so that's why I'm posting here!

Thanks in advance!

Cerwin Vega is very reputable and popular here in the US as well as many other countries, i havnt had first hand experience on Vega subs, just towers, but towers kick and i wouldnt think any differently with a CV sub.

I would find something suitable for your space. If you want tight bass go with sealed box, but i would recommend higher wattage capabilities if you are looking for tremendous bass for all those explosions and actions in films.

Ported sub will give more bass and deeper bass and sound will carry farther if you have a larger space. Will also hit those lower Hertz as you desire.

If you have some local shops, check out the subs they offer, go take a listen and see what you like.

Good luck! and congrats on your Klipsch Speakers

had a cerwin vega ht setup but not sub, towers were awesome everything else was lackluster, i wasnt bold enough to spend money on their sub after hearing what the rest had to offer, they do offer decent products for there price point though and was my first dive into ht

i would highly recommend svs but have no experience with that specific sub only the svs pb12/2, would say that the sb12 should outpreform others you have mentioned and are probably looking at

do you have access to other companies like elemental designs, hsu, emotiva, and epik? all offer pretty decent products for the money

The same site that sells SVS also has Epik. The Epik Legend is even a bit cheaper than the SVS. Between the Legend and SB12, what would you recommend? The main downside I see with the Legend is size. It is considerably bigger than the SB12.