Bass management (Klipsch Reference)

StevenB

Hello,

I recently purchased the Klipsch Reference series speakers (RF7 mains, RC7 center, and 3 RS7 surrounds) for my 6.1 HT. I have a Boston Acoustic PV600 sub which I am upgrading to the PV800 in a few weeks. I am not sure how to set my bass management with these new speakers. Which should I set to small and which to large? My receiver (Pioneer VSX-810S) allows crossover at 100-150-200. Not your ideal 80, but upgrading my receiver is another issue for another day. I need some advice on how I should tweak my bass managment. Thank you very much for any tips you can offer.

Steve

Hey, didn't you already post this on the "General Questions" forum?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

Projector: (Still deciding)

Screen: Stewart FireHawk (16:9)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Sorry to hear someone sold you on three WDST speakers in the rear... but I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Another RC-7 for your back wall would have given you a much improved rear array by replacing some of the localization that is lost with three or four WDST's IMHO. Your side mounted RS-7's are already spraying ambient sound to reflect off your rear wall... spraying more ambient sound to reflect off your sidewalls is less than your best audio strategy.

I doubt if your Boston Acoustics choice for a sub has enough character to run your speakers at SMALL... perhaps you should consider something more likely to keep pace with the RF-7's in music and HT.

But, anytime you have a Reference package from Klipsch your not far from a really good time! -HornED

------------------

Pic6.jpg Photo update soon! -HornEd