Bass management (Klipsch Reference)

Hello,

I recently purchased the Klipsch Reference series speakers (RF7 mains, RC7 center, and 3 RS7 surrounds) for my 6.1 HT. I have a Boston Acoustic PV600 sub which I am upgrading to the PV800 in a few weeks. I am not sure how to set my bass management with these new speakers. Which should I set to small and which to large? My receiver (Pioneer VSX-810S) allows crossover at 100-150-200. Not your ideal 80, but upgrading my receiver is another issue for another day. I need some advice on how I should tweak my bass managment. Thank you very much for any tips you can offer.

Steve

steven, wow 100hz min. sure it doesn't have at least 80hz? probably still best to use the sub preout to sub

but probably it still sends all LFE to the sub preout so you woudn't want to turn down (or use if it has defeat switch) the sub(s)' crossover control.

probably definitely want all but the rf-7 set to small,

but really for those & the rf-7 you really need to experiment w/ the dif settings & some bassy material.

rooms & tastes are all different.

may want to even try setting sub:no & wiring the sub in

parallel (attached speaker level to same posts as the rf-7). then of course you can use the sub's low pass crossover because the LFE will also go to the rf-7.

tough call. no real pat answer. this is another classic case of a processor designed for smaller sat type speaks instead of our bigger klipsch. Frown.gif the ideal fix is a receiver or pre/pro that has adjustablity of the digital crossovers down below 80hz, to like 40-60hz, in their dsp that's more compatiable with larger speaks together w/ seperate sub(s).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 05-01-2002 at 03:56 PM